Copyright © 2023 Digital Skilled Professionals. All rights reserved.
This privacy statement was last amended on: April 28, 2022.
Which personal data do we collect?
Information we collect directly from you
This is the personal data you provide us when using our Services. For example, when you create an account, purchase a product/service from our website or register for our newsletter. This type of information may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card information and the way you use the Services.
On some pages of our websites you will be asked to register first. You will be asked to enter information about yourself and choose a username. With this information we create an account, on which you can log in with that username and a self-chosen password.
To create an account, we use your name and address, company name, position, telephone number, email address, gender, date of birth and IP address. We do this based on your consent.
We keep this information up to three months after you have canceled the account. We store the information so that you do not have to enter all your data repeatedly and we can contact you more easily if necessary. You can change your account information whenever you want.
If you place an order with us, we use your personal data to handle the order to our best ability. We may then transfer your personal details to our delivery service to have the order delivered to you. We also receive information about your payment from your bank or credit card company.
Therefor we use your name and address, company name, telephone number, billing address, email address, payment details and IP address. We need this because of the contract we conclude with you. We store this information until the order is completed and seven years thereafter (which is the legal storage obligation).
Information we collect from your use of our website
If we have a contract with your employer for the use of our Services, for example with regards to your Traineeship, it may be possible your employer provides us with your personal data such as name and email address, in order for us to register you for your Services and provide our Services to you.
Our Services include the offering of the DSP community. This is an open community. Please be aware that if you share personal information in your posts and comments this can be seen by other users.
How do we use your personal data?
We collect your personal data to provide you with the required services or information. The following are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- provide you (with information about) Services and products that you request from us;
- manage your account;
- do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our
- communicate regularly with you to inform you about our Services, updates regarding our terms & conditions and other information that may be of interest to you;
- resolve consumer and/or product and services issues;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any Services supplied to you
- – improve your customer experience in our Services;
- deliver customized content or advertising such as personalized offers for
- products and services that may be of interest to you;
- participate in our online communities;
- store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us;
- create external marketing & analytics reports;
- prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our Services;
- analyse the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our products and services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to design new products and services and for business development;
- assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our Terms & Conditions.
Will we share your personal data with other parties?
We may disclose your personal data to retailers, service providers, facility managers, property managers and third-party integration partners, if needed to provide you with the services and products ordered or used via our Services. These parties shall process your personal data in conformance with a data processing agreement that we will enter into with them
We may also disclose your personal data:
- to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- If we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit).
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
As much as possible, we will anonymise your personal data when shared with third parties.
How do we protect your personal data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
In particular: (i) we encrypt many of our services using SSL, (ii) we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, from time to time to guard our systems against unauthorized access, and (iii) we restrict access to personal information to our employees, retailers and all other parties we work with, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
Your privacy rights
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore, you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data. You also have the right to data portability. You can also exercise your privacy accounts by logging into your account
You can opt-out of continued information collection by our mobile application by adjusting the settings on your devices or by deleting the application entirely from your device.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data current and complete. If you have problems with viewing, editing or deleting your personal data, please send us an e-mail at: email@example.com
Through our newsletters, we may keep you informed of offers, promotional actions and other news. To be sure of your consent to receive newsletters, we use a double opt-in system: after you have given permission to receive a newsletter, we will send you an e-mail in which we will ask you to confirm your consent.
You can stop receiving our newsletter by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the end of every newsletter.
Links to other websites and mobile applications